Investment, Interest Rate Rules, and Equilibrium Determinacy
AbstractBy adding endogenous investment to a flexible-price, money-in-the-utility-function model, this paper studies the role that physical capital plays in stabilizing the real side of the economy when the monetary authority follows interest-rate feedback rules. We show that with inelastic labor supply equilibrium uniqueness is ensured under both active and passive monetary policies. For the case where money affects both preferences and technology, the uniqueness result remains true under active monetary policy. With endogenous labor supply, the uniqueness result holds again regardless of the stance of monetary policies for the case with separable leisure, but indeterminacy remains likely under both active and passive monetary policies when leisure is nonseparable. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number _138.
Date of creation: Jan 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Qinglai Meng & Chong Yip, 2004. "Investment, interest rate rules, and equilibrium determinacy," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 863-878, May.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Shu-hua & Shaw, Ming-fu & Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Juin-jen, 2008. "Interest-rate rules and transitional dynamics in an endogenously growing open economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 54-75, February.
- Seiya Fujisaki, 2009. "Velocity and Monetary Expansion in a Growing Economy with Interest-Rate Control," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-09, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2004:i:2:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yoshiyasu Ono, 2008. "Determinacy of Equilibrium under Various Phillips Curves," ISER Discussion Paper 0706, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Seiya Fujisaki, 2009. "Habit Formation, Interest-Rate Control and Equilibrium Determinacy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-23, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.