The Gains from Trade for a Monetary Economy Once Again
AbstractThe authors examine the effects of free trade on a small open economy within a dynamic generalized cash-in-advance model. They provide a complete characterization for the possibility of harmful trade and suggest alternative economic policies that can convert the loss associated with free trade into a gain. They authors also find, contrary to standard results, that there exists an optimal tariff for a small open economy, and they use calibration methods to assess its value.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number _071.
Date of creation: Aug 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1997. "The Gains from Trade for a Monetary Economy Once Again," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(1), pages 208-23, February.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theodore Palivos & Nikos Tsakiris, 2011.
"Trade and Tax Reforms in a Cash-in-Advance Economy,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 1014-1032, April.
- Theodore Palivos & Nikos Tsakiris, 2009. "Trade and Tax Reforms in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 1-2009, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Theodore Palivos & Nikos Tsakiris, 2010. "Trade and Tax Reforms in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," Discussion Paper Series 2010_07, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2010.
- Eduardo L. Giménez & José María Martín-Moreno, . "Title: Monetary shocks and business cicle in the Spanish economy," Studies on the Spanish Economy 43, FEDEA.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Chong Yip, 2001. "Non-traded goods and optimal trade policy in a cash-in-advance economy," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 23-37.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Chong Yip, 2000. "Urban unemployment and optimal trade policy in a cash-in-advance economy," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 59-77, February.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 2002. "Quantitative Restrictions and Foreign Investment in a Monetary Economy," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(1), pages 25-32, April.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H., 1999. "Shadow prices and trade restrictions in a monetary economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 755-764.
- Wenli Cheng & Dingsheng Zhang, 2012.
"International Transmission of Monetary Shocks and the Non‐neutrality of International Money,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 134-149, 02.
- Wenli Cheng & Dingsheng Zhang, 2011. "International Transmission of Monetary Shocks and the Non-Neutrality of International Money," CEMA Working Papers 434, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.