Privatizing Rural China: Insider Privatization, Innovative Contracts, and the Performance of Township Enterprises1
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 00001.
Date of creation: Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Jian & Giles, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2012.
"Does it pay to be a Cadre ? estimating the returns to being a local official in rural China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6082, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Jian & Giles, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2012. "Does it pay to be a cadre? Estimating the returns to being a local official in rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 337-356.
- Zhang, Jian & Giles, John T. & Rozelle, Scott, 2012. "Does It Pay to Be a Cadre? Estimating the Returns to Being a Local Official in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 6653, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brandt, Loren & Li, Hongbin, 2003.
"Bank discrimination in transition economies: ideology, information, or incentives?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 387-413, September.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li, 2002. "Bank Discrimination in Transition Economies: Ideology, Information or Incentives?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 517, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott, 2004. "Insider privatization with a tail: the screening contract and performance of privatized firms in rural China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li & Joanne Roberts, 2001.
"Why do Governments Privatize,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
429, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Krug, B. & Hendrischke, H., 2006. "Institution Building and Change in China," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-008-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Peter Li, 2009. "The Duality of Crony Corruption in Economic Transition: Toward an Integrated Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(1), pages 41-55, March.
- Li, Hongbin & Yang, Zheyu & Yao, Xianguo & Zhang, Haifeng & Zhang, Junsen, 2012. "Entrepreneurship, private economy and growth: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 948-961.
- Krug, B., 2006. "Enterprise Ground Zero in China," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-024-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Lu, Susan Feng & Dranove, David, 2013. "Profiting from gaizhi: Management buyouts during China’s privatization," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 634-650.
- Douglas Cumming & Grant Fleming & Sofia Johan & Mai Takeuchi, 2010. "Legal Protection, Corruption and Private Equity Returns in Asia," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 173-193, September.
- Andrews-Speed, Philip & Ma, Guo & Shao, Bingjia & Liao, Chenglin, 2005. "Economic responses to the closure of small-scale coal mines in Chongqing, China," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 39-54, March.
- Xia, Jun & Li, Shaomin & Long, Cheryl, 2009. "The Transformation of Collectively Owned Enterprises and its Outcomes in China, 2001-05," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1651-1662, October.
- Gao, Song, 2010. "Impacts of Restructurings on Manufacturing Productive Efficiency: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 24766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liu, Guy S. & Sun, Pei & Woo, Wing Thye, 2006. "The Political Economy of Chinese-Style Privatization: Motives and Constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2016-2033, December.
- Kung, James Kai-sing & Lin, Yi-min, 2007. "The Decline of Township-and-Village Enterprises in China's Economic Transition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 569-584, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.