El Banco Central de Chile en Comparación con los Bancos Centrales del Mundo
AbstractHow does the performance of the Central Bank of Chile (CBCH) compare to other central banks and in which dimensions? This paper summarizes the results of several studies that report international comparisons of different features of central banking and monetary policy. The evidence places the CBCH among the top central banks in the world in the following areas: size, legal and operational independence; transparency, and quality of the inflation report; quantity and quality of the research papers; and efficiency of monetary policy reflected by its accuracy in meeting inflation targets, its counter-cyclical stance, and its contribution to overall macroeconomic stability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Chile in its series Working Papers Central Bank of Chile with number 367.
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-98, September.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2002. "Social Value of Public Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1521-1534, December.
- World Bank, 2006. "World Development Indicators 2006," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8151, March.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Cesar Calderon & Roberto Duncan, 2004. "The quality of institutions and cyclical properties of macroeconomic policies," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 350, Econometric Society.
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2004. "Institutions and Cyclical Properties of Macroeconomic Policies," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 285, Central Bank of Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.