Monetary Policy in EMU when the Transmission is Asymmetric and Uncertain
AbstractIn this paper we address the issue of how transmission uncertainty could affect the choice between a federal monetary policy based on national data and one on aggregated data.We find that the uncertainty about the transmission process increases the need to take into account information about national economies in the formulation of optimal monetary policies in a monetary union.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 891.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2004-05-02 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2004-05-02 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Gros & Carsten Hefeker, 2000.
"One Size Must Fit All. National Divergences in a Monetary Union,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
326, CESifo Group Munich.
- Daniel Gros & Carsten Hefeker, 2002. "One Size Must Fit All: National Divergences in a Monetary Union," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(3), pages 247-262, 08.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Huefner, Felix P., 2002.
"Is the View from the Eurotower Purely European? National Divergence and ECB Interest Rate Policy,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
02-69, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Friedrich Heinemann & Felix P. Huefner, 2004. "Is The View From The Eurotower Purely European? - National Divergence And Ecb Interest Rate Policy," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(4), pages 544-558, 09.
- Huefner, Felix P & Friedrich Heinemann, 2003. "Is the View from the Eurotower Purely European? - National Divergence and ECB Interest Rate Policy," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 110, Royal Economic Society.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Carlo A. Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 1998. "The Immediate Challenges for the European Central Bank," NBER Working Papers 6369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudi Dornbusch & Carlo Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 1998. "Immediate challenges for the European Central Bank," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 15-64, 04.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Leo de Haan & Elmer Sterken, 2004.
"Asset Price Shocks, Real Expenditures, and Financial Structure: A Multi-Country Analysis,"
DNB Working Papers
014, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Leo de Haan & Elmer Sterken, 2008. "Asset Price Shocks, Real Expenditures, and Financial Structure: A Multi-Country Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 2342, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Haan, Leo de & Sterken, Elmer, 2004. "Asset Price Shocks, Real Expenditures, and Financial Structure:A Multi-Country Analysis," CCSO Working Papers 200411, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Carsten Hefeker, 2005.
"Uncertainty, Wage Setting and Decision Making in a Monetary Union,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1485, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hefeker, Carsten, 2004. "Uncertainty, Wage Setting and Decision Making in a Monetary Union," HWWA Discussion Papers 272, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Mayes , David G. & Virén , Matti, 2004.
"Asymmetries in the Euro area economy,"
Research Discussion Papers
9/2004, Bank of Finland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.