Labor Tax Progressivity, Wage Determination, and the Relative Wage Effect
AbstractWe model a two sector economy with unionized labor markets and competitive product markets, where workers and unions care about their relative wages, and show that the presence of a relative wage concern could help generation a positive relationship between tax progressivity and wage pressure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 721.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
progressive taxation; relative wage effect;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, .
"A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation,"
IEW - Working Papers
004, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 1999. "A Theory Of Fairness, Competition, And Cooperation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(3), pages 817-868, August.
- Ben Lockwood & Torsten Sloek & Torben Tranaes, .
"Progressive Taxation and Wage Setting: Some Evidence for Denmark,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
95-20, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Lockwood, Ben & Slok, Torsten & Tranaes, Torben, 2000. " Progressive Taxation and Wage Setting: Some Evidence for Denmark," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(4), pages 707-23, December.
- Holmlund, B. & Kolm, A.S., 1995.
"Progressive Taxation, Wage Setting and Unemployment - Theory and Swedish Evidence,"
15, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Holmlund, B. & Kolm, A.S., 1995. "Progressive Taxation, Wage Setting, and Unemployment , Theory and Swedish Evidence," Papers 1995-15, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Lockwood, Ben & Manning, Alan, 1993. "Wage setting and the tax system theory and evidence for the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-29, August.
- A. Jorge Padilla & Samuel Bentolila & Juan J. Dolado, 1996.
"Wage Bargaining in Industries with Market Power,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 535-564, December.
- A. Jorge Padilla & Samuel Bentolila & Juan J. Dolado, 1996. "Wage Bargaining in Industries with Market Power," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 9616, Banco de Espa�a.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Dolado, Juan J. & Padilla, Atilano Jorge, 1994. "Wage Bargaining in Industries with Market Power," CEPR Discussion Papers 987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dowrick, Steve, 1989. "Union-Oligopoly Bargaining," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 1123-42, December.
- repec:fth:baesse:9616 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Bj¯rn Sandvik & Odd Rune Straume, 2002.
"Good jobs, bad jobs and redistribution,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
131, Royal Economic Society.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sandvik, B. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2003. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," CEPR Discussion Papers 4115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Bjørn Sandvik & Odd Rune Staume, 2003. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 1022, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sandvik, Bjørn & Straume, Odd Rune, 2002. "Good jobs, bad jobs and redistribution," Discussion Papers, various Research Units FS IV 02-21, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lommerud, K.E. & Sandvik, B. & Straume, O.R., 2001. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 1401, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Lukach, R. & Plasmans, J.E.J., 2002. "Measuring Knowledge Spillovers using Patent Citations: Evidence from the Belgian Firm's Data," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-92281, Tilburg University.
- Giorgio Brunello & Maria Laura Parisi & Daniela Sonedda, 2002. "Labor Taxes and Wages: Evidence from Italy," CESifo Working Paper Series 715, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lupi & Patrizia Ordine, 2005. "Labor Taxes in Local Labor Markets: Evidence from Italian Regions," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(1), pages 29-54, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.