Labor Tax Progressivity, Wage Determination, and the Relative Wage Effect
AbstractWe model a two sector economy with unionized labor markets and competitive product markets, where workers and unions care about their relative wages, and show that the presence of a relative wage concern could help generation a positive relationship between tax progressivity and wage pressure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 721.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
progressive taxation; relative wage effect;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ben Lockwood & Torsten Sloek & Torben Tranaes, .
"Progressive Taxation and Wage Setting: Some Evidence for Denmark,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
95-20, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Lockwood, Ben & Slok, Torsten & Tranaes, Torben, 2000. " Progressive Taxation and Wage Setting: Some Evidence for Denmark," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(4), pages 707-23, December.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1999.
"A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20650, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 1999. "A Theory Of Fairness, Competition, And Cooperation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(3), pages 817-868, August.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., . "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1998. "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1812, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, . "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," IEW - Working Papers 004, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Dowrick, Steve, 1989. "Union-Oligopoly Bargaining," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 1123-42, December.
- Holmlund, B. & Kolm, A.S., 1995.
"Progressive Taxation, Wage Setting and Unemployment - Theory and Swedish Evidence,"
15, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Holmlund, B. & Kolm, A.S., 1995. "Progressive Taxation, Wage Setting, and Unemployment , Theory and Swedish Evidence," Papers 1995-15, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- A. Jorge Padilla & Samuel Bentolila & Juan J. Dolado, 1996.
"Wage Bargaining in Industries with Market Power,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
9616, Banco de Espa�a.
- Lockwood, Ben & Manning, Alan, 1993. "Wage setting and the tax system theory and evidence for the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-29, August.
- repec:fth:baesse:9616 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lukach, R. & Plasmans, J.E.J., 2002. "Measuring Knowledge Spillovers using Patent Citations: Evidence from the Belgian Firm's Data," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-92281, Tilburg University.
- Lommerud, K.E. & Sandvik, B. & Straume, O.R., 2001.
"Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution,"
Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen
1401, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sandvik, B. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2003. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," CEPR Discussion Papers 4115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Bj¯rn Sandvik & Odd Rune Straume, 2002. "Good jobs, bad jobs and redistribution," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 131, Royal Economic Society.
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Bjørn Sandvik & Odd Rune Staume, 2003. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 1022, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sandvik, Bjørn & Straume, Odd Rune, 2002. "Good jobs, bad jobs and redistribution," Discussion Papers, various Research Units FS IV 02-21, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lupi & Patrizia Ordine, 2005. "Labor Taxes in Local Labor Markets: Evidence from Italian Regions," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(1), pages 29-54, September.
- Giorgio Brunello & Maria Laura Parisi & Daniela Sonedda, 2002. "Labor Taxes and Wages: Evidence from Italy," CESifo Working Paper Series 715, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.