Privatization under Asymmetric Information
AbstractThis paper models privatization as a cooperative game between the government, a trade union and the private shareholders. These players kno w that privatization increases the efficiency of a firm, but only the management of the firm knows the exact value of the relevant productivity-increasing parameter. This incomplete information changes many of the results which were attained in Bös (1991) in a full-information setting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 244.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Privatization; asymmetric information;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guesnerie, Roger & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1984. "A complete solution to a class of principal-agent problems with an application to the control of a self-managed firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-369, December.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1982. "Equilibrium Growth of the Hierarchical Firm: Shareholder-Employee Cooperative Game Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1097-1110, December.
- Bos, Dieter & Nett, Lorenz, 1991. "Employee Share Ownership and Privatisation: A Comment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 966-69, July.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1980. "A Model of the Firm as a Stockholder-Employee Cooperative Game," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 600-610, September.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992.
"The New Economics of Regulation Ten Years After,"
IDEI Working Papers
22, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Freixas, Xavier & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1985. "Average cost pricing versus marginal cost pricing under moral hazard," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 135-146, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.