Cycles and Indeterminacy in Overlapping Generations Economies with Stone-Geary Preferences
AbstractWe investigate dynamics in an overlapping generations economy with Stone-Geary preferences. We show that a steady state exists, and furthermore and importantly, that there can be a multitude of two cycles even though intertemporal elasticity of substitution in consumption exceeds unity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 1737.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Stone-Geary preferences; overlapping generations economy; cycles and indeterminacy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2006-08-05 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2006-08-05 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grandmont Jean-michel, 1983.
"On endogenous competitive business cycles,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Alan J. Auerbach & James R. Hines Jr., 2001.
"Taxation and Economic Efficiency,"
NBER Working Papers
8181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lahiri, Amartya & Puhakka, Mikko, 1998.
"Habit Persistence in Overlapping Generations Economies under Pure Exchange,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 176-186, January.
- Amartya Lahiri & Mikko Puhakka, 1996. "Habit Persistence in Overlapping Generations Economies Under Pure Exchange," UCLA Economics Working Papers 754, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Cass, David & Okuno, Masahiro & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1979.
"The role of money in supporting the pareto optimality of competitive equilibrium in consumption-loan type models,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 41-80, February.
- Cass, David & Okuno, Masahiro & Zilcha, Itzhak., . "The Role of Money in Supporting the Pareto Optimality of Competitive Equilibrium in Consumption-Loan Type Models," Working Papers 242, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Costas Azariadis, 1996.
"The Economics of Poverty Traps Part One: Complete Markets,"
9606, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1996. " The Economics of Poverty Traps: Part One: Complete Markets," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 449-96, December.
- Gale, David, 1973. "Pure exchange equilibrium of dynamic economic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 12-36, February.
- Barnett, Richard C. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Bunzel, Helle, 2007. "Minimum Consumption Requirements and Cycles in an Overlapping Generations Model of Money," Staff General Research Papers 12834, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Richard C. Barnett & Joydeep Bhattacharya & Helle Bunzel, 2007. "Resurrecting Equilibria Through Cycles," Economics Working Papers 2007-12, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Barnett, Richard C. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2008.
"Rejuveniles and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1055-1071, August.
- Richard C. Barnett & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 2007. "Rejuveniles and Growth," Economics Working Papers 2007-11, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Barnett, Richard C. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2006. "Rejuveniles and Growth," Staff General Research Papers 12653, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.