Specification For Lattice Processes
AbstractWe consider an omnibus test for the correct speci…cation of the dynamics of a sequence fx (t)gt2Zd in a lattice. As it happens with causal models and d = 1, its asymptotic distribution is not pivotal and depends on the estimator of the unknown parameters of the model under the null hypothesis. One of our main goals of the paper is to provide a transformation to obtain an asymptotic distribution that is free of nuisance parameters. Secondly, we propose a bootstrap analogue of the transformation and show its validity. Third, we discuss the results when fx (t)gt2Zd are the errors of a parametric regression model. As a by product, we also discuss the asymptotic normality of the least squares estimators under very mild conditions. Finally, we present a small Monte Carlo experiment to shed some light on the …nite sample behaviour of our test.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE in its series STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series with number /2013/562.
Date of creation: May 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp
Specification test; Spatial processes; Lattice; Spectral domain; CUSUM; Bootstrap.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal Sanz, J., 2006.
"Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1090-1120, May.
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2006. "Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/7249, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Peter M Robinson & J Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified Whittle Estimation of Multilateral Models on a Lattice," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2005/492, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Jun Zhu & Hsin-Cheng Huang & Perla E. Reyes, 2010. "On selection of spatial linear models for lattice data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(3), pages 389-402.
- Yoshihiro Yajima & Yasumasa Matsuda, 2008. "Asymptotic Properties of the LSE of a Spatial Regression in both Weakly and Strongly Dependent Stationary Random Fields," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-587, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.