Studentization in Edgworth Expansions for Estimates of Semiparametric Index Models - (Now published in C Hsiao, K Morimune and J Powell (eds): Nonlinear Statistical Modeling (Festschrift for Takeshi Amemiya), (Cambridge University Press, 2001), pp.197-240.)
AbstractWe establish valid theoretical and empirical Edgeworth expansions for density-weighted averaged derivative estimates of semiparametric index models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE in its series STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series with number /1999/374.
Date of creation: Oct 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp
Edgeworth expansions; semiparametric estimates; averaged derivatives;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Y. Nishiyama & P. M. Robinson, 2000. "Edgeworth Expansions for Semiparametric Averaged Derivatives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 931-980, July.
- Linton, Oliver, 1996.
"Edgeworth Approximation for MINPIN Estimators in Semiparametric Regression Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 30-60, March.
- Oliver Linton, 1994. "Edgeworth Approximation for MINPIN Estimators in Semiparametric Regression Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1086, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-30, November.
- Y Nishiyama & Peter M. Robinson, 1999. "Edgeworth expansions for semiparametric averaged derivatives," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2132, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1982. "On the Asymptotic Properties of Estimators of Models Containing Limited Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 27-41, January.
- Robinson, P M, 1989. "Hypothesis Testing in Semiparametric and Nonparametric Models for Econometric Time Series," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 511-34, October.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1977. "The Maximum Likelihood and the Nonlinear Three-Stage Least Squares Estimator in the General Nonlinear Simultaneous Equation Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 955-68, May.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:12:y:1996:i:1:p:30-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, P M, 1995. "The Normal Approximation for Semiparametric Averaged Derivatives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 667-80, May.
- Robinson, P M, 1991. "Best Nonlinear Three-Stage Least Squares Estimation of Certain Econometric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 755-86, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi & Powell, James L., 1981. "A comparison of the Box-Cox maximum likelihood estimator and the non-linear two-stage least squares estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 351-381, December.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1992.
"Semiparametic Nonlinear Least-Squares Estimation of Truncated Regression Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 52-94, March.
- Lee, L-F., 1990. "Semiparametric Nonlinear Least Square Estimation of Truncated Regression Models," Papers 254, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Cheng, Bing & Robinson, P. M., 1994. "Semiparametric estimation from time series with long-range dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 335-353.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "Multivariate Regression and Simultaneous Equation Models when the Dependent Variables Are Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 999-1012, November.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1986. "A distribution-free least squares estimator for censored linear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-84, June.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "The nonlinear two-stage least-squares estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 105-110, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.