A Portfolio Approach to a Cross-Sectoral and Cross-National Investment Strategy in Transition Economics
AbstractThis paper takes a systematic look at the portfolio choice problem faced by Investment Banks or Funds investing in transition economies. We relate the performance of projects in the transition economies to the broader macreconomics and international environment and evaluate the attractiveness of alternative investment strategies from the perspective of portfolio theory.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CEP Discussion Papers with number dp0320.
Date of creation: Jan 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP
Other versions of this item:
- Willem H. Buiter & Ricardo Lago & Hélène Rey, 1997. "A portfolio approach to a cross-sectoral and cross-national investment strategy in transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 5(1), pages 63-96, 05.
- Willem H. Buiter & Ricardo Lago & Helene Rey, 1997. "A Portfolio Approach to a Cross-Sectoral and Cross-National Investment Strategy in Transition Economies," NBER Working Papers 5882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H & Lago, Ricardo & Rey, Hélène, 1997. "A Portfolio Approach to a Cross-sectoral and Cross-National Investment Strategy in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 1548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G - Financial Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1994.
"Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1310-29, December.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1993. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C93-016, University of California at Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1992. "Risk-taking, global diversification, and growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 61, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1992. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 688, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1992. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1994.
"Debt and Seniority: An Analysis of the Role of Hard Claims in Constraining Management,"
NBER Working Papers
4886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1995. "Debt and Seniority: An Analysis of the Role of Hard Claims in Constraining Management," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 567-85, June.
- Willem H. Buiter & R. Lago & H. Rey, 1997.
"Enterprises in transition: macroeconomic influences on enterprise decision-making and performance,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20348, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Buiter, Willem H & Lago, Ricardo & Rey, Hélène, 1997. "Enterprises in Transition: Macroeconomic Influences on Enterprise Decision-making and Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 1601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- W.H. Buiter & R Lagos & H Rey, 1997. "Enterprises in Transition: Macroeconomic Influences on Enterprise Decision-Making and Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0340, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- French-German Economic Forum, 1999. "Reduction of Working Time," Working Papers 1999-13, CEPII research center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.