Convergence as Distribution Dynamics (with or without Growth)
AbstractConvergence concerns the poor catching up with the rich- if not instantaneously, then at least having a tendency to do so. When poor and rich refer here refer to entire economies then whether convergence occurs is traditionally viewed as just a side consequence of a more central question, namely that concerning the nature of economic growth. This paper argues instead that convergence itself is of direct interest. When convergence is made cental and thus investigated, new theoretical issues and empirical insights emerge: this paper provides a brief overview of what those lessons are, and conjectures what next might be learnt.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CEP Discussion Papers with number dp0317.
Date of creation: Nov 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quah, Danny, 1994.
"One Business Cycle and One Trend from (Many) Many Disaggregates,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
873, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Quah, Danny, 1994. "One business cycle and one trend from (many,) many disaggregates," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 605-614, April.
- Quah, D., 1993. "One Business Cycle and One Trend From(Many) Many Disaggregates," Papers 550, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Quah, Danny T., 1996. "Empirics for economic growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1353-1375, June.
- Enrique Lopez Bazo & Esther Vaya Valcarce & Antonio Jose Mora & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1997. "Regional economic dynamics and convergence in the european union," Working Papers in Economics 12, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Maria Carmen Cuerva, 2011. "Dynamics of European agricultural productivity: An analysis of regional convergence," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 92(3), pages 237-258.
- Juan Carlos Odar Zagaceta, 2002. "Convergencia y polarización. El caso Peruano: 1961 - 1996," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1 Year 20), pages 47-70, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.