Job Creation and Job Destruction in a Transition Economy: Ownership
AbstractComprehensive firm-level data for Polish manufacturing show that in state-owned firms the large drop in net employment since the start of the transition in 1990 has been driven by a jump in the job destruction rate; job creation, by contrast, is located disproportionately in the private sector. Small firms are more dynamic than large firms, but even after controlling for size, private firms have a higher net employment growth rate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CEP Discussion Papers with number dp0282.
Date of creation: Mar 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulia Faggio, 2007.
"Job Destruction, Job Creation and Unemployment in Transition Countries: What Can We Learn?,"
CEP Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE
dp0798, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Giulia Faggio, 2007. "Job destruction, job creation and unemployment in transition countries: what can we learn?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library 19716, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- De Loecker, Jan & Konings, Jozef, 2004.
"Creative Destruction and Productivity Growth in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers
4238, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Loecker, Jan & Konings, Jozef, 2003. "Creative Destruction and Productivity Growth in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing," IZA Discussion Papers 971, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jan De Loecker & Jozef Konings, 2003. "Creative Destruction and Productivity Growth in an Emerging Economy Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing," LICOS Discussion Papers, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven 13803, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.