Job Creation and Job Destruction in a Transition Economy: Ownership
AbstractComprehensive firm-level data for Polish manufacturing show that in state-owned firms the large drop in net employment since the start of the transition in 1990 has been driven by a jump in the job destruction rate; job creation, by contrast, is located disproportionately in the private sector. Small firms are more dynamic than large firms, but even after controlling for size, private firms have a higher net employment growth rate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CEP Discussion Papers with number dp0282.
Date of creation: Mar 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Loecker, Jan & Konings, Jozef, 2003.
"Creative Destruction and Productivity Growth in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing,"
IZA Discussion Papers
971, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jan De Loecker & Jozef Konings, 2003. "Creative Destruction and Productivity Growth in an Emerging Economy Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing," LICOS Discussion Papers 13803, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- De Loecker, Jan & Konings, Jozef, 2004. "Creative Destruction and Productivity Growth in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 4238, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giulia Faggio, 2007.
"Job Destruction, Job Creation and Unemployment in Transition Countries: What Can We Learn?,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0798, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Giulia Faggio, 2007. "Job destruction, job creation and unemployment in transition countries: what can we learn?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19716, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.