Big ideas: How competition improves management and productivity
AbstractJohn Van Reenen sketches the evolution of CEP research on the drivers of productivity growth - and its impact on policies to foster competition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance with number 340.
Date of creation: Jun 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/centrepiece/
management; productivity; organization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2011-07-02 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2011-07-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2011-07-02 (Efficiency & Productivity)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.