The problem of negatives in input-output analysis: a review of the solutions
AbstractThe main models to construct technical coefficients are the industry technology model and the commodity technology model. The former yields nonnegative coefficients and the latter fulfills nice theoretical properties, such as price invariance. Although the models are very different, this paper presents a flexible formula that encompasses both of them. Various solutions to the problem of negatives of the commodity technology model-including replacements by industry technology based coefficients-are reviewed in our framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centro de Estudios Andaluces in its series Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces with number E2005/07.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Input-output analysis; technical coefficients; use and make matrices;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thijs ten Raa & José Manuel Rueda Cantuche, 2004. "How to Estimate Unbiased and Consistent input-output Multipliers on the Basis of use and Make Matrices," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/14, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- T Mariolis & G Soklis, 2010. "Additive Labour Values and Prices: Evidence from the Supply and Use Tables of the French, German and Greek Economies," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 87-107, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Teresa Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.