John Nash and the Analysis of Strategic Behavior
AbstractThis essay describes one economist's view of how Nash's work influenced the development of game theory as a tool for analyzing strategic behavior.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, UC San Diego in its series University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series with number qt4r56g8kd.
Date of creation: 19 Jan 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0508
Phone: (858) 534-3383
Fax: (858) 534-7040
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsdecon/
More information through EDIRC
game theory; economic behavior;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger B. Myerson, 1999.
"Nash Equilibrium and the History of Economic Theory,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1067-1082, September.
- R. Myerson., 2010. "Nash Equilibrium and the History of Economic Theory," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 6.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Ley, Eduardo, 2006.
"Statistical inference as a bargaining game,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 142-149, October.
- Zhenliang Liao & Phillip Hannam, 2013. "The Mekong Game: Achieving an All-win Situation," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 27(7), pages 2611-2622, May.
- Perc, Matjaz, 2007. "Microeconomic uncertainties facilitate cooperative alliances and social welfare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 104-109, April.
- Perc, Matjaz, 2007. "Flights towards defection in economic transactions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 58-63, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.