The Theory of `Internal Exit', a comment on Buchanan and Faith (1987)
AbstractThe purpose of this note is to correct an error in the seminal article on secession by Buchanan and Faith (1987). In their paper, Buchanan and Faith neglected an important effect: political separation affects markets and consequently individual private incomes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CERDI in its series Working Papers with number 200630.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
secession; public good.;
Other versions of this item:
- Grégoire Rota-Graziosi, 2011. "The Theory of `Internal Exit', a comment on Buchanan and Faith (1987)," Working Papers halshs-00557218, HAL.
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grégoire Rota Graziosi, 2009.
"On the Strategic Use of Representative Democracy in International Agreements,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 11(2), pages 281-296, 04.
- Grégoire Rota-Graziosi, 2011. "On the strategic use of representative democracy in international agreements," Working Papers halshs-00562632, HAL.
- Grégoire ROTA-GRAZIOSI, 2006. "On the strategic use of representative democracy in international agreements," Working Papers 200624, CERDI.
- Grégoire ROTA-GRAZIOSI, 2006.
"Economic integration and political fragmentation,"
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.