Unemployment Insurance and Optimal Taxation in Search Models of the Labor Market
AbstractIn many search models of the labor market, unemployment insurance (UI) is conveniently
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California, Davis, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 1219.
Date of creation: 24 Sep 2012
Date of revision:
Directed Search; Random Search; Unemployment Insurance; Optimal Taxation;
Other versions of this item:
- Athanasios Geromichalos, 2012. "Unemployment Insurance and Optimal Taxation in Search Models of the Labor Market," Working Papers 1218, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Athanasios Geromichalos, 2010.
"Directed Search and Optimal Production,"
1016, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Manolis Galenianos & Philipp Kircher, 2005.
"Directed Search with Multiple Job Applications,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
05-022, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mikhail Golosov & Pricila Maziero & Guido Menzio, 2012.
"Taxation and Redistribution of Residual Income Inequality,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
12-022, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mikhail Golosov & Pricila Maziero & Guido Menzio, 2013. "Taxation and Redistribution of Residual Income Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(6), pages 1160 - 1204.
- Mikhail Golosov & Pricila Maziero & Guido Menzio, 2012. "Taxation and Redistribution of Residual Income Inequality," NBER Working Papers 18151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benoit Julien & John Kennes & Ian King, 2000.
"Bidding for Labor,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 3(4), pages 619-649, October.
- Benjamin Lester, 2011. "Information and Prices with Capacity Constraints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1591-1600, June.
- Jacquet, Nicolas L. & Tan, Serene, 2012. "Wage-vacancy contracts and coordination frictions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(3), pages 1064-1104.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Scott Dyer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.