Asset prices, credit and the Russian economy
AbstractWe examine the importance of macroeconomic effects of changes in asset prices and credit aggregates for the Russian economy.Â We show that the amplitude of the fluctuations of asset prices and lending was exceptionally large in 2006-2009.Â This implies that the asset price and the lending channel may be significant for Russia.Â We estimate a Bayesian VAR model with steady state priors and sign restrictions on impulse response functions.Â Our results suggest that an asset price bust and a credit squeeze have accentuated the impact of financial crisis on the real economy.Â
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Central Banking Studies, Bank of England in its series Joint Research Papers with number 1.
Date of creation: Jul 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Threadneedle Street, London, EC2R 8AH
Phone: +44 (020) 7601 4444
Fax: +44 (020) 7601 5460
Web page: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/Pages/ccbs/default.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Asset prices; credit and the Russian economy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier Blanchard & Changyong Rhee & Lawrence Summers, 1990.
"The Stock Market, Profit and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
3370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Beck & Annette Kamps & Elitza Mileva, 2007. "Long-term growth prospects for the Russian economy," Occasional Paper Series 58, European Central Bank.
- A. Carriero & G. Kapetanios & M. Marcellino, 2010.
"Forecasting Government Bond Yields with Large Bayesian VARs,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2010/17, European University Institute.
- Andrea Carriero & George Kapetanios & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2010. "Forecasting Government Bond Yields with Large Bayesian VARs," Working Papers 662, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Carriero, Andrea & Kapetanios, George & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2010. "Forecasting Government Bond Yields with Large Bayesian VARs," CEPR Discussion Papers 7796, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martha Banbura & Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008.
"Large Bayesian VARs,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marta Bańbura, 2008. "Large Bayesian VARs," 2008 Meeting Papers 334, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bańbura, Marta & Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2008. "Large Bayesian VARs," Working Paper Series 0966, European Central Bank.
- Domenico Giannone & Martha Banbura & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008. "Bayesian VARs with large panels," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13388, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Banbura, Marta & Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2007. "Bayesian VARs with Large Panels," CEPR Discussion Papers 6326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerdesmeier, Dieter & Roffia, Barbara & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2009.
"Asset price misalignments and the role of money and credit,"
Working Paper Series
1068, European Central Bank.
- Dieter Gerdesmeier & Hans‐Eggert Reimers & Barbara Roffia, 2010. "Asset Price Misalignments and the Role of Money and Credit," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 377-407, Winter.
- Ponomarenko, Alexey, 2012.
"Early warning indicators of asset price boom/bust cycles in emerging markets,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
22/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Ponomarenko, Alexey, 2013. "Early warning indicators of asset price boom/bust cycles in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 92-106.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Brady).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.