Measuring Skill level integrating Administratrive Dataset and National Collective Agreement Archive
AbstractGiven the group job classification and collective agreement identification code, we extracted from the national bargaining archive the skill level definition and we created a skill grades classification for the workers. We added this information to Workers History Italian Panel -Whip-, and we created a new variable which allow us to identify whether a worker is skilled or unskilled. The new skill level variable increase the possibility for a better comprehension of labour market issues as well as for new studies in the field of job risk evaluation. The sections are organized as follow: 1. creation of skill level classification from national collective agreements archive; 2. short explanation of Whip archives; 3. adding informations to Whip archives; 4. checking the consistency and coverage of the skill level variable in Whip; 5. a first interpretation of the resulting skill distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies in its series LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series with number 99.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johnson, George & Stafford, Frank, 1999. "The labor market implications of international trade," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 2215-2288 Elsevier.
- Iranzo, Susana & Schivardi, Fabiano & Tosetti, Elisa, 2006.
"Skill Dispersion and Firm Productivity: An Analysis with Employer-Employee Matched Data,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5539, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Susana Iranzo & Fabiano Schivardi & Elisa Tosetti, 2008. "Skill Dispersion and Firm Productivity: An Analysis with Employer-Employee Matched Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 247-285, 04.
- S. Iranzo & F. Schivardi & E. Tosetti, 2006. "Skill dispersion and firm productivity: an analysis with employer-employee matched data," Working Paper CRENoS 200617, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Susanna Iranzo & Fabiano Schivardi & Elisa Tosetti, 2006. "Skill dispersion and firm productivity; an analysis with employer-employee matched data," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 577, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.