University Industry Linkages and UK Science and Innovation Policy
AbstractThis paper assesses the current nature of university-industry links in the UK and US using the recent unique IPC-CBR innovation benchmarking survey of the UK and the US. It argues for a more diverse approach to the complex nature of university-industry links than is currently the case. The paper in addition provides a brief overview of SET policy in the UK locating university-industry links within the overall UK policy framework. It argues for a greater degree of coordination of existing policy levers rather than new initiatives and for an effective use of public procurement in relation to SET policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ESRC Centre for Business Research in its series ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers with number wp326.
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk/
Science and Technology Policy; University Industry Links; UK-US comparisons;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2006-09-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EEC-2006-09-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-INO-2006-09-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-SOG-2006-09-11 (Sociology of Economics)
- NEP-TID-2006-09-11 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haeussler, Carolin, 2010.
"Information-Sharing in Academia and the Industry: A Comparative Study,"
24415, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haeussler, Carolin, 2011. "Information-sharing in academia and the industry: A comparative study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 105-122, February.
- Carolin Haeussler, 2010. "Information-Sharing in Academia and the Industry: A Comparative Study," Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data 154, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- Sauer, Thomas & Stoetzer, Matthias-Wolfgang & Gerlach, Andrea, 2007. "Spatial localization of knowledge-transfer channels and face-to-face contacts: A survey of the Jena university-industry linkages," Jena Contributions to Economic Research 2007,4, University of Applied Sciences Jena, Department of Business Administration.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.