The Challenges For The Next Decade: Notes On The Debate On The Development Of The Emilia-Romagna Region
AbstractFacing exogenous changes and endogenous impasses, Emilia-Romagna, one of the richest regions in Europe, is undergoing transformation. In this paper, we outline the dynamics of change at the regional level, both in the changes in the interrelationships among the major actors, and the emergence of new phenomena such as demographic trends. Regional policy measures to foster local development are sketched by focusing on industrial policy, transport infrastructure plans and policy measures on learning processes, as they emerge in the changes undertaken at regional level in technical and vocational education.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ESRC Centre for Business Research in its series ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers with number wp176.
Date of creation: Sep 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk/
Regional policy; industrial dynamics; local development; learning regions; technical and vocational education;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- O12 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Russo, Margherita, 1996. "Units of investigation for local economic development policies," MPRA Paper 2016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Margherita Russo & Paola Mengoli, 1998. "Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Italy: Structure and Changes at National and Regional Level," Department of Economics 0255, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- López-Estornell, Manuel & Tortajada Esparza, Enrique & Martinez-Chafer, l, 2012. "The evolution toward vagueness of industrial district concept and its impact on regional innovation policy," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201211, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.