A Macro-econometric Model for Ireland
AbstractThe Bank’s Macro-Econometric model has recently been revised. This paper outlines the context within which the model was initially built and the reasons for the revision and re-estimation. Compilation of the data used was a key component of the revision and this is described. The general structure of the model is outlined. Key equations are described and estimation issues noted. A discussion on simulating the model is provided along with results from sample simulations. The paper concludes with a discussion of how future work on the model might evolve.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Ireland in its series Research Technical Papers with number 9/RT/05.
Length: 60 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1980.
"Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear RationalExpectations Models,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fair, Ray C & Taylor, John B, 1983. "Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1169-85, July.
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1980. "Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 564, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1997.
"The Time-Varying NAIRU and Its Implications for Economic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-32, Winter.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1996. "The Time-varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1492, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "The Time-Varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 5735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frain, John C., 2004. "A RATS subroutine to implement the Chow-Lin distribution/interpolation procedure," Research Technical Papers 2/RT/04, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Duffy, David, 2002. "A Descriptive Analysis of the Irish Housing Market," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2002(2-Summer), pages 1-16.
- McCoy, Daniel & Duffy, David & Bergin, Adele & Garrett, Shane & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2005. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Summer 2005," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20052, March.
- O'Brien, Derry & Weymes, Laura, 2010. "The Impact of Oil Prices on Irish Inflation," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 66-82, July.
- O'Donnell, Nuala, 2007. "Housing Wealth and Consumption," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 119-136, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Smith).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.