¿Dónde están los inmigrantes en Chile?: Un análisis de Patrones Espaciales de Residencia por Municipalidades
AbstractThe immigration issue is relevant in Chile, the main purpose is to describe the sociodemographic characteristics of the immigrant population resident in Chile and characterize their localization patterns by communes, considering the entire country. For this you use information from the National Socioeconomic Characterization 2006. The determination of the locations is done through an analysis of patterns of local spatial autocorrelation, which allows you to define common areas that form spatial clusters of immigrants. The results show that significant changes in location and composition of immigrants have occurred in Chile generating new challenges to society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics in its series Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional with number 38.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2013
Date of revision: Mar 2013
Inmigration international; spatial patterns; ethic enclave.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aslund, Olof, 2005.
"Now and forever? Initial and subsequent location choices of immigrants,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-165, March.
- Åslund, Olof, 2001. "Now and forever? Initial and subsequent location choices of immigrants," Working Paper Series 2001:11, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Anna Piil Damm, 2005.
"Determinants of Recent Immigrants’ Location Choices: Quasi-Experimental Evidence,"
CAM Working Papers
2005-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Anna Damm, 2009. "Determinants of recent immigrants’ location choices: quasi-experimental evidence," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 145-174, January.
- Michel Beine & Sara Salomone, 2013.
"Network Effects in International Migration: Education versus Gender,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 115(2), pages 354-380, 04.
- Michel Beine & Sara Salomone, 2011. "Network Effects in International Migration: Education versus Gender," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-08, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Michel BEINE & Sara SALOMONE, 2010. "Networks Effects in International Migration : Education versus Gender," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Bartel, Ann P, 1989. "Where Do the New U.S. Immigrants Live?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 371-91, October.
- Rephann, Terance & Vencatasawmy, Coomaren, 1999. "Determinants of the Spatial Mobility of Immigrants in Sweden," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa272, European Regional Science Association.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Anselin, Luc & Getis, Arthur, 1992. "Spatial Statistical Analysis and Geographic Information Systems," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 19-33, April.
- Luc Anselin & Yong Wook Kim & Ibnu Syabri, 2004. "Web-based analytical tools for the exploration of spatial data," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 197-218, 06.
- R Flowerdew & P J Boyle, 1995. "Migration models incorporating interdependence of movers," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(9), pages 1493-1502, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dusan Paredes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.