Low Cost Carrier Growth in the U.S. Airline Industry: Past, Present, and Future
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Brown University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2003-12.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2002. "Airport Congestion When Carriers Have Market Power," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1357-1375, December.
- Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2002.
"Network Effects, Congestion Externalities, and Air Traffic Delays: Or Why All Delays Are Not Evil,"
NBER Working Papers
8701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, . "Network Effects, Congestion Externalities, and Air Traffic Delays: Or Why All Delays Are Not Evil," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 393, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Steven A. Morrison, 2001. "Actual, Adjacent, and Potential Competition Estimating the Full Effect of Southwest Airlines," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 35(2), pages 239-256, May.
- Hendricks, Ken & Piccione, Michele & Tan, Guofu, 1995. "The Economics of Hubs: The Case of Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 83-99, January.
- Darin Lee & María José Luengo-Prado, 2005. "The Impact of Passenger Mix on Reported “Hub Premiums” in the U.S. Airline Industry," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 372â394, October.
- Windle, Robert & Dresner, Martin, 1999. "Competitive responses to low cost carrier entry," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 59-75, March.
- Hwa Ryung Lee, 2010. "Bankruptcy and low cost carrier expansion in the airline industry," IEW - Working Papers 502, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin & Bilotkach, Volodymyr, 2011. "The construction of a low cost airline network," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-052, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Zhang, Shengrun & Derudder, Ben & Witlox, Frank, 2013. "The impact of hub hierarchy and market competition on airfare pricing in US hub-to-hub markets," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 65-70.
- Lee, Hwa Ryung, 2009. "Bankruptcies and low-cost Carrier Expansion in the Airline Industry," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8g8639tn, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brown Economics Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.