Low Cost Carrier Growth in the U.S. Airline Industry: Past, Present, and Future
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Brown University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2003-12.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Windle, Robert & Dresner, Martin, 1999. "Competitive responses to low cost carrier entry," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 59-75, March.
- Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2002.
"Network Effects, Congestion Externalities, and Air Traffic Delays: Or Why All Delays Are Not Evil,"
NBER Working Papers
8701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, . "Network Effects, Congestion Externalities, and Air Traffic Delays: Or Why All Delays Are Not Evil," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania 393, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Darin Lee & María José Luengo-Prado, 2005. "The Impact of Passenger Mix on Reported “Hub Premiums” in the U.S. Airline Industry," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 372â394, October.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2002. "Airport Congestion When Carriers Have Market Power," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1357-1375, December.
- Steven A. Morrison, 2001. "Actual, Adjacent, and Potential Competition Estimating the Full Effect of Southwest Airlines," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 35(2), pages 239-256, May.
- Hendricks, Ken & Piccione, Michele & Tan, Guofu, 1995. "The Economics of Hubs: The Case of Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 83-99, January.
- Ito, Harumi & Lee, Darin, 2005.
"Assessing the impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks on U.S. airline demand,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 75-95.
- Harumi Ito & Darin Lee, 2003. "Assessing the Impact of the September 11 Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Airline Demand," Working Papers, Brown University, Department of Economics 2003-16, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Kris Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2007. "The effects of competition on price dispersion in the airline industry: a panel analysis," Working Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston 07-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Lee, Hwa Ryung, 2009. "Bankruptcies and low-cost Carrier Expansion in the Airline Industry," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley qt8g8639tn, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Zhang, Shengrun & Derudder, Ben & Witlox, Frank, 2013. "The impact of hub hierarchy and market competition on airfare pricing in US hub-to-hub markets," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 65-70.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin & Bilotkach, Volodymyr, 2011. "The construction of a low cost airline network," ZEW Discussion Papers, ZEW - Zentrum fÃ¼r EuropÃ¤ische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research 11-052, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Marco Cornia & Kristopher S. Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2012. "Price Dispersion Over the Business Cycle: Evidence from the Airline Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 347-373, 09.
- Hwa Ryung Lee, 2010. "Bankruptcy and low cost carrier expansion in the airline industry," IEW - Working Papers, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich 502, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brown Economics Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.