An Empirical Perspective on Water Pricing Reforms
AbstractThere is a growing effort to view water resource allocation from a perspective which incorporates consumers' preferences along with the supply constraints into management plans. This paper examines the structure of water users' preferences, the structure of the cost of supply and the appropriate form for prices. The second motivation for paper stems from the observation that reforms are the result of public policy decisions. As a result, the paper examines some of the empirical features of the political environment in which water pricing decisions are made.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Brock University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 1998-02.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 500 Glenridge Avenue, St. Catharines, Ontario, L2S 3A1
Phone: (905) 688-5550 3325
Fax: (905) 988-9388
Web page: http://www.brocku.ca/economics/
More information through EDIRC
WATER ; ENVIRONMENT ; PRICES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diakité, Daouda & Semenov, Aggey & Thomas, Alban, 2009.
"A proposal for social pricing of water supply in Côte d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 258-268, March.
- Diakité, Daouda & Semenov, Aggey & Thomas, Alban, 2009. "A Proposal for Social Pricing of Water Supply in Cote d'Ivoire," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Francois Lamarche).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.