Nonparametric Estimation of Semiparametric Transformation Models
AbstractIn this paper we develop a nonparametric estimation technique for semiparametric transformation models of the form: H(Y)=P(Z)+X'B+U where H,P and B and are unknown and the variables (Y,Z) are endogenous. Identification of the model and asymptotic properties of the estimator are analyzed under the mean independence assumption between the error term and the instruments. We show that the estimators are consistent and root N convergence rate for the estimate of B can be attained. The simulations demonstrate that our nonparametric estimates fits the data well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK in its series Bristol Economics Discussion Papers with number 12/625.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2012
Date of revision:
Nonparametric IV Regression; Inverse problems; Tikhonov Regularization; Regularization Parameter;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Johannes, Jan & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2009.
"Instrumental Regression in Partially Linear Models,"
TSE Working Papers
10-167, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Jean‐Pierre Florens & Jan Johannes & Sébastien Van Bellegem, 2012. "Instrumental regression in partially linear models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 15(2), pages 304-324, 06.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Johannes, Jan & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2009. "Instrumental Regression in Partially Linear Models," IDEI Working Papers 613, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- FLORENS, Jean-Pierre & JOHANNES, Jan & VAN BELLEGEM, Sébastien, 2006. "Instrumental regression in partially linear models," CORE Discussion Papers 2006025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Frédérique Fève & Jean-Pierre Florens, 2010. "The practice of non-parametric estimation by solving inverse problems: the example of transformation models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 13(3), pages S1-S27, October.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Ivana Komunjer & Dennis Kristensen, 2011. "Nonparametric Identification and Estimation of Transformation Models," CAM Working Papers 2011-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Xiaohong Chen & Markus Reiss, 2007.
"On rate optimality for ill-posed inverse problems in econometrics,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP20/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Reiss, Markus, 2011. "On Rate Optimality For Ill-Posed Inverse Problems In Econometrics," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 497-521, June.
- Xiaohong Chen & Markus Reiss, 2007. "On Rate Optimality for Ill-posed Inverse Problems in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1626, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- D’Haultfoeuille, Xavier, 2011.
"On The Completeness Condition In Nonparametric Instrumental Problems,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 460-471, June.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille, 2006. "On the Completeness Condition in Nonparametric Instrumental Problems," Working Papers 2006-32, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Christophe Bontemps & Michel Simioni & Yves Surry, 2008.
"Semiparametric hedonic price models: assessing the effects of agricultural nonpoint source pollution,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 825-842.
- Bontemps, C. & Simioni, M. & Surry, Y., 2006. "Semiparametric hedonic price models : assessing the effects of agricultural nonpoint source pollution," Economics Working Paper Archive (Toulouse) 200602, French Institute for Agronomy Research (INRA), Economics Laboratory in Toulouse (ESR Toulouse).
- Whitney K. Newey & James L. Powell, 2003. "Instrumental Variable Estimation of Nonparametric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1565-1578, 09.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Song, Minjae, 2009. "Do media consumers really dislike advertising? An empirical assessment of the role of advertising in print media markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 292-301, March.
- Van Keilegom, Ingrid & Vanhems, Anne, 2011. "Semiparametric transformation model with endogeneity: a control function approach," TSE Working Papers 11-243, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Senay Sokullu, 2012. "Nonparametric Analysis of Two-Sided Markets," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 12/628, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon Bryant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.