Balanced Growth and Output Convergence in Europe
AbstractUsing OECD quarterly data on consumption, output and investment from 1980, the balanced growth hypothesis is tested country by country for seven European economies, Belgium, Finland, France, Holland, Italy, Spain and the UK. Output series for each of the countries is then modelled as an output system and the hypothesis of convergence in trend output growth tested. Finally, the hypothesis of balanced growth and convergence, is tested in a system framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK in its series Bristol Economics Discussion Papers with number 03/547.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2003
Date of revision:
Convergence; Balanced Growth; Stochastic Trends;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2003-09-24 (Development)
- NEP-EEC-2003-09-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2003-09-24 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991.
"Stochastic trends and economic fluctuations,"
Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues
91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Li, Qing & Papell, David, 1999. "Convergence of international output Time series evidence for 16 OECD countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 267-280, September.
- Karim M. Abadir & Kaddour Hadri & Elias Tzavalis, 1999.
"The Influence of VAR Dimensions on Estimator Biases,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 163-182, January.
- Karim Abadir & Kaddour Hadri & Elias Tzavalis, . "The Influence of VAR Dimensions on Estimator Biases," Discussion Papers 96/14, Department of Economics, University of York.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon Bryant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.