Fiscal policy in EMU: towards a sustainability and growth pact
AbstractThe goal of this working paper is to take stock of the discussions on the fiscal institutions of EMU, to confront the framework in place to what is known of the desirable properties of fiscal policy in a monetary union, and to discuss possible improvements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bruegel in its series Working Papers with number 52.
Date of creation: Nov 2005
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- V. Anton Muscatelli & Piergiovanna Natale & Patrizio Tirelli, 2010.
"A simple and flexible alternative to the Stability and Growth Pact deficit ceilings. Is it at hand?,"
195, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2010.
- Anton Muscatelli & Piergiovanna Natale & Patrizio Tirelli, 2003. "A Simple and Flexible Alternative to the Stability and Growth Pact Deficit Ceilings. Is it at hand?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1006, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sébastien Pommier, 2008. "The Use of Fiscal Policy in EMU: First Appraisal and Future Prospects," EKONOMIAZ, Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government, vol. 69(03), pages 28-45.
- Marco Buti & Jo�o Nogueira Martins & Alessandro Turrini, 2007.
"From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 53(1), pages 115-152, March.
- Buti, Marco & Martins, Joao Nogueira & Turrini, Alessandro Antonio, 2006. "From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 5809, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Buti, Marco & Sapir, André, 2006. "Fiscal Policy in Europe: The Past and Future of EMU Rules from the Perspective of Musgrave and Buchanan," CEPR Discussion Papers 5830, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roel Beetsma & Heikki Oksanen, 2007.
"Pension Systems, Ageing and the Stability and Growth Pact,"
European Economy - Economic Papers
289, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Roel Beetsma & Heikki Oksanen, 2007. "Pension Systems, Ageing and the Stability and Growth Pact," CESifo Working Paper Series 2141, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christopher Allsopp & David Vines, 2008. "Fiscal Policy, intercountry adjustment and the real exchange rate within Europe," European Economy - Economic Papers 344, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Manfred Weber & Karl Knappe, 2007. "Fiscal policy in EMU after the reform of the european stability and growth pact," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(4), pages 45-51, 01.
- Heikki Oksanen, 2009. "Setting targets for government budgets in the pursuit of intergenerational equity," European Economy - Economic Papers 358, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Marcos Poplawski Ribeiro, 2009. "New Evidence on the Effectiveness of Europe's Fiscal Restrictions," Working Papers 2009-13, CEPII research center.
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger, 2006. "Fiscal Policy and Macroeconomic Performance in the Euro area - Lessons for the Future," IMK Working Paper 07-2006, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Roel Beetsma & Heikki Oksanen, 2008. "Pensions under Ageing Populations and the EU Stability and Growth Pact ," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(4), pages 563-592, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruegel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.