Globalization of Turkey's Banking Sector: The Determinants of Foreign Banking Penetration in Turkey
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bogazici University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2006/20.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Natuk Birkan Hall, Bebek, 34342 İstanbul
Phone: +90 (212) 359-6505
Fax: +90 (212) 287-2453
Web page: http://www.econ.boun.edu.tr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Powell, Andrew & Hollar, Ivanna Vladkova, 2002.
"Banking on foreigners : the behavior of international Bank lending to Latin America, 1985-2000,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2893, The World Bank.
- Andrew Powell & María Soledad Martinez Peria & Ivanna Vladkova, 2002. "Banking on Foreigners: The Behaviour of International Bank Lending to Latin America, 1985-2000"," Business School Working Papers veintiseis, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 31-53, January.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transitition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dietrich Domanski, 2005. "Foreign banks in emerging market economies: changing players, changing issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1999. "At Last the Internationalization of Retail Banking? The Case of the Spanish Banks in Latin America," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-41, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- H. Al & Ahmet Faruk Aysan, 2006.
"Assessing the Preconditions in Establishing an Independent Regulatory and Supervisory Agency in Globalized Financial Markets: The Case of Turkey,"
2006/06, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Al, Huseyin, 2006. "Assessing the Preconditions in Establishing an Independent Regulatory and Supervisory Agency in Globalized Financial Markets: The Case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 5481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clarke, George & Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Sanchez, Susana M, 2005.
"Bank Lending to Small Businesses in Latin America: Does Bank Origin Matter?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(1), pages 83-118, February.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Sanchez, Susana M., 2002. "Bank lending to small businesses in Latin America : does Bank origin matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2760, The World Bank.
- B. Gerard Dages & Linda Goldberg & Daniel Kinney, 2000.
"Foreign and domestic bank participation in emerging markets: lessons from Mexico and Argentina,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 17-36.
- Linda Goldberg & B. Gerard Dages & Daniel Kinney, 2000. "Foreign and Domestic Bank Participation in Emerging Markets: Lessons from Mexico and Argentina," NBER Working Papers 7714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer S. Crystal & B. Gerard Dages & Linda S. Goldberg, 2002. "Has foreign bank entry led to sounder banks in Latin America?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 8(Jan).
- Claudia M. Buch, 1999. "Why Do Banks Go Abroad? � Evidence from German Data," Kiel Working Papers 948, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels, 2004. "The short-term effects of foreign bank entry on domestic bank behaviour: Does economic development matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 553-568, March.
- Eric S. Rosengren & Joe Peek, 2000. "Collateral Damage: Effects of the Japanese Bank Crisis on Real Activity in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 30-45, March.
- Montgomery, Heather, 2003. "The role of foreign banks in post-crisis Asia: the importance of method of entry," MPRA Paper 33031, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2004. "Financial Crises and the Presence of Foreign Banks," International Finance 0405016, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lutfu Gozgucu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.