Continuous-Time Limits in the Generalized Ho-Lee Framework under the Forward Measure
AbstractThe forward measure in the discrete time Ho/Lee model is derived and passages to the continuous time limit are carried out under this measure. In particular the continuous time valuation formula for call options on zero coupon bonds is obtained as a limit of its discrete time equivalent as well as the continuous time distribution of the continuously compounded short rate. Finally it is shown that the trinomial and quattronomial generalizations of the Ho/Lee model by Bühler and Schulze are essentially equivalent to the Ho/Lee model as concernes their discrete time properties and their continuous time limits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bonn, Germany in its series Discussion Paper Serie B with number 276.
Date of creation: Apr 1994
Date of revision: Jul 1996
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Bonn Graduate School of Economics, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 24 - 26, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de/index.php?id=517
Ho/Lee model; forward measure; continuous time limit; trinomial and quattronomial models.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- Sandmann, K. & E. Schl�gl, 1993. "Zustandspreise und die Modellierung des Zinsänderungsrisikos," Discussion Paper Serie B 238, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Markus Leippold & Liuren Wu, 1999. "The Potential Approach to Bond and Currency Pricing," Finance 9903004, EconWPA.
- Das, Sanjiv Ranjan, 1998. "A direct discrete-time approach to Poisson-Gaussian bond option pricing in the Heath-Jarrow-Morton model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 333-369, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BGSE Office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.