A Term Structure Model and the Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative
AbstractThe paper developes a general arbitrage free model for the term structure of interest rates. The principal model is formulated in a discrete time structure. It differs substantially from the Ho--Lee-- Model (1986) and does not generate negative spot and forward rates. The results for the continuous time limit support this. The probability distribution with finite support is derived for the spot rate return. The model permits the arbitrage free valuation of bond options and interest rate options and produces dynamic portfolio strategies to duplicate these contracts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bonn, Germany in its series Discussion Paper Serie B with number 180.
Date of creation: Mar 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Bonn Graduate School of Economics, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 24 - 26, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de
Arbitrage; Hedging; Interest Rate; Martingale Measure; Option Pricing; Term Structure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Klaus Sandmann, 1993.
"The Pricing of Options With an Uncertain Interest Rate: A Discrete-Time Approach,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 201-216.
- Sandmann,Klaus, . "The pricing of options with an uncertain interest rate: A discrete time approach," Discussion Paper Serie B 114, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Sandmann,Klaus & Sondermann,Dieter, . "Zur Bewertung von Caps und Floors," Discussion Paper Serie B 98, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Sandmann,Klaus & Sondermann,Dieter, . "A term structure model and the pricing of interest rate options," Discussion Paper Serie B 129, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Sandmann,Klaus, . "An intertemporal interest rate market model: Complete markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 94, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Phelim Boyle & Ken Seng Tan & Weidong Tian, 2001. "Calibrating the Black-Derman-Toy model: some theoretical results," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- D. Sondermann & K. Miltersen, 1994. "Closed Form Term Structure Derivatives in a Heath-Jarrow- Morton Model with Log-Normal Annually Compounded Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 285, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Goldys, B. & M. Musiela & D. Sondermann, 1996. "Lognormality of Rates and Term Structure Models," Discussion Paper Serie B 394, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Schlögl, Erik & Daniel Sommer, 1994. "On Short Rate Processes and Their Implications for Term Structure Movements," Discussion Paper Serie B 293, University of Bonn, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BGSE Office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.