On J.M. Grandmont's Modelling of Behavioral Heterogeneity
AbstractJ.M. Grandmont claims in his paper "Transformations of the Commodity Space, Behavioral Heterogeneity, and the Aggregation Problem" (1992) to model "behavioral heterogeneity". By a specific parametrization he defines a subset of all demand functions and assumes that the distribution of the parameters is getting more dispersed (increasing flatness of the density function). This increasing dispersedness of the parameters is interpreted as "increasing heterogeneity" of the population of households described by the distribution of demand functions. But, due to the specific parametrization, increasing dispersedness of the parameters leads to an increasing concentration of the demand functions. Therefore, roughly speaking, Grandmont rather models increasing "behavioral similarity".
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bonn, Germany in its series Discussion Paper Serie A with number 580.
Date of creation: Jul 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Bonn Graduate School of Economics, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 24 - 26, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de/index.php?id=517
Aggregate Demand; Aggregation; Behavioral Heterogeneity;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-02-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2000-02-07 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-IND-2000-02-07 (Industrial Organization)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabelle MARET, 2001. "Modeling Behavioral Heterogeneity in Demand Theory," Working Papers of BETA 2001-04, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Gael Giraud & Isabelle Maret, 2002.
"Behavioral Heterogeneity in Large Economies,"
Working Papers of BETA
2002-04, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Gael GIRAUD & Isabelle MARET, 2002. "Modelling Behavioral Heterogeneity," Working Papers of BETA 2002-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Isabelle MARET, 2002. "Modeling Behavioral Heterogeneity in Demand Theory," Working Papers of BETA 2002-05, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- E. B. de Villemeur, 1999. "Aggregation of demand and distribution of characteristics : A difficulty in modelling behavioural heterogeneity," THEMA Working Papers 99-38, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BGSE Office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.