Expropriation and Control Rights: A Dynamic Model of
AbstractThis paper studies the strategic interaction between a
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Bonn, Germany in its series Discussion Paper Serie A with number 515.
Date of creation: Mar 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Bonn Graduate School of Economics, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 24 - 26, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de
Foreign Direct Investment; Sovereign Risk; Implicit;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas, Jonathan & Worrall, Tim, 1990.
"Foreign direct investment and the risk of expropriation,"
Kiel Working Papers
411, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Thomas, Jonathan & Worrall, Tim, 1994. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Risk of Expropriation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 81-108, January.
- Thomas, J. & Worrall, T., 1990. "Foreign Direct Investment And The Risk Of Expropriation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 342, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Thomas, J. & Worral, T., 1991. "Foreign Direcyt Investment and the Risk of Expropriation," Papers, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research 9126, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Thomas, J. & Worrall, T., 1991. "Foreign direct investment and the risk of expropriation," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 1991-26, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Monika Schnitzer, 1995. "Debt versus Foreign Direct Investment: The Impact of Sovereing Risk on the Structure of Capital Flows to Developing Countries," Discussion Paper Serie A, University of Bonn, Germany 484, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1986. "Tax Holidays as Signals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 820-26, September.
- Grout, Paul A, 1984. "Investment and Wages in the Absence of Binding Contracts: A Nash Bargining Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 449-60, March.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz, 1982.
"A Theory of Expropriation and Deviations From Perfect Capital Mobility,"
NBER Working Papers
0972, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Gersovitz, Mark, 1984. "A Theory of Expropriation and Deviations from Perfect Capital Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 16-40, March.
- Kesternich, Iris & Schnitzer, Monika, 2007.
"Who is Afraid of Political Risk? Multinational Firms and their Choice of Capital Structure,"
CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers
6468, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kesternich, Iris & Schnitzer, Monika, 2010. "Who is afraid of political risk? Multinational firms and their choice of capital structure," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 208-218, November.
- Kesternich, Iris & Schnitzer, Monika, 2007. "Who is Afraid of Political Risk? Multinational Firms and their Choice of Capital Structure," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 213, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Kesternich, Iris & Schnitzer, Monika, 2009. "Who is afraid of political risk? Multinational firms and their choice of capital structure," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2009,02, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Kesternich, Iris & Schnitzer, Monika, 2010. "Who is afraid of political risk? Multinational firms and their choice of capital structure," Munich Reprints in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics 19473, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BGSE Office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.