Optimal Dynamic Taxation
AbstractThis paper reviews the recent optimal dynamic tax literature, and links the results from dynastic one-person economies, dynastic heterogeneous individual economies and overlapping generations economies. The paper shows that the second best labour tax is positive, and further analyses the dynamic path of capital and labour taxes, as well as he economy's adjustment under the optimal programme. Furthermore, we prove that in a heterogeneous individual economy, every individual's most prefereed capital tax in steady state is zero. The optimal labour tax in a heterogeneous individual framework is similar to the optimal labour tax in a one -person economy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 99-21.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
TAXATION ; FISCAL POLICY ; GENERATIONS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge Soares, Marina Azzimonti, Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Jorge Soares, 2006. "Optimal Policy and (the Lack of) Time Inconsistency: Insights from Simple Models," Working Papers 06-08, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Valeria De Bonis & Lusa Spataro, 2004.
"Taxing capital income in a perpetual youth economy,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003
22, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Valeria De Bonis & Luca Spataro, 2005. "Taxing Capital Income in a Perpetual Youth Economy," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2005(87).
- George Abuselidze, 2013. "Optimal Tax Policy - Financial Crisis Overcoming Factor," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(11), pages 1451-1459, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.