Uncertainty Aversion and Dynamic Consistency
AbstractThis paper applies a proposal of M. Machina (1989) for updating nonexpected utility preferences to D. Schmeidler's (1989) nonadditive probability model. The authors discover that the updated preferences may not themselves satisfy Schmeidler's axioms. Despite this, the updates of uncertainty averse preferences are themselves uncertainty averse. Copyright 1996 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 93-08.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2011.
"Dynamically consistent CEU preferences,"
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2012. "A dynamic Ellsberg urn experiment," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7333, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gumen, Anna & Savochkin, Andrei, 2013.
"Dynamically stable preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(4), pages 1487-1508.
- Sarin, R. & Wakker, P.P., 1996.
"A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility,"
1996-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sarin, Rakesh & Wakker, Peter, 1997. "A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 399-409, July.
- Lefort, Jean-Philippe & Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter, 2012. "A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7357, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2009.
"A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment,"
0487, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Lapied, André & Toquebeuf, Pascal, 2012. "Dynamically consistent CEU preferences on f-convex events," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 252-256.
- Jürgen Eichberger & Simon Grant & David Kelsey, 2012.
"When is Ambiguity-Attitude Constant?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3768, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grant, Simon & Eichberger, Jürgen & Kelsey, David, 2004.
"CEU Preferences and Dynamic Consistency,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
04-47, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Werlang, Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa, 2000. "A Notion Of Subgame Perfect Nash Equilibrium Under Knightian Uncertainty," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 376, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Oechssler, Jörg & Schnedler, Wendelin, 2012. "How do people cope with an ambiguous situation when it becomes even more ambiguous?," Working Papers 0528, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Jürgen Eichberger & David Kelsey, 1999.
"E-Capacities and the Ellsberg Paradox,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 107-138, April.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Güth, Werner & Müller, Wieland, 1999. "Dynamic decision structure and risk taking," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,95, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Frank Riedel, 2007. "Optimal stopping under ambiguity," Working Papers 390, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- J L Ford, David Kelsey and W Pang, 2005. "Ambiguity in Financial Markets: Herding and Contrarian Behaviour," Discussion Papers 05-11, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.