Controlling Greenhouse Gases: A Survey of Global Macroeconomic Studies
AbstractA conceptual framework which identifies the main determinants of the macroeconomic costs of abating greenhouse gases is developed. This is used to survey long-term quantitative studies of abatement, especially their modelling approaches and choices of key parameters. These studies suggest that each 20% abatement below business-as-usual emissions is likely to cost approximately 1% of gross world product. Copyright 1996 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Board of Trustees of the Bulletin of Economic Research
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 91-25.
Length: 51 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
environment ; costs ; gaz ; air pollution;
Other versions of this item:
- Clarke, Rosemary & Boero, Gianna & Winters, L Alan, 1996. "Controlling Greenhouse Gases: A Survey of Global Macroeconomic Studies," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 269-308, October.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John P. Weyant, 1993. "Costs of Reducing Global Carbon Emissions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 27-46, Fall.
- Xavier Labandeira & Miguel Rodríguez, 2004.
"The effects of a sudden CO2 reduction in Spain,"
0408, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Gerlagh, Reyer & Dellink, Rob & Hofkes, Marjan & Verbruggen, Harmen, 2002. "A measure of sustainable national income for the Netherlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 157-174, April.
- García Fernández, Cristina, 2006. "Cost-benefit Analysis and the Difficulty of Applying it to Climate Change/El análisis coste-beneficio y la dificultad de su aplicación al cambio climático," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 639 (12 pÃ¡, Agosto.
- Edwards, T. Huw & Hutton, John P., 1999. "The Allocation of Carbon Permits within One Country : A General Equilibrium Analysis of the United Kingdom," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 540, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edwards, T. Huw. & Hutton, John P., 2001. "Allocation of carbon permits within a country: a general equilibrium analysis of the United Kingdom," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 371-386, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.