Testing the Null of Co-integration in the Presence of Variance Breaks
AbstractWe show that changes in the innovation covariance matrix of a vector of series can generate spurious rejections of the null hypothesis of co-integration when applying standard residual-based co-integration tests. A bootstrap solution to the inference problem is suggested which is shown to perform well in practice, redressing the size problems associated with the standard test but not losing power relative to the standard test under the alternative.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 05-10.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2005
Date of revision:
Co-integration tests; variance shifts; fixed regressor bootstrap;
Other versions of this item:
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2006. "Testing the Null of Co-integration in the Presence of Variance Breaks," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 613-636, 07.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2007.
"Testing for co-integration in vector autoregressions with non-stationary volatility,"
07/02, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Rahbek, Anders & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2010. "Testing for co-integration in vector autoregressions with non-stationary volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 7-24, September.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2008. "Testing for Co-integration in Vector Autoregressions with Non-Stationary Volatility," Discussion Papers 08-34, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A.M.Robert Taylor, 2008. "Testing for Co-integration in Vector Autoregressions with Non-Stationary Volatility," CREATES Research Papers 2008-50, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Kourogenis, Nikolaos & Pittis, Nikitas, 2008. "Cointegration, variance shifts and the limiting distribution of the OLS estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 103-106, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.