Theoretical Foundations of the Gravity Trade Model
AbstractMicro-foundations for the well-known gravity trade model are investigated. A new framework is adopted, together with assumptions that while strong are rather less restrictive than those typically employed in this context, thus enabling rather more complex and interesting results to be obtained than are available in the literature.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 05-04.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Gravity trade model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.