The Timing of FDI Under Uncertainty: An Application to the US Multinational Enterprises
AbstractAn 'option-pricing' model is employed to analyse when a firm should expand its production capabilities abroad. In a framework where the firm's profit are determined by some average of the attractiveness of the home and foreign countries, and attractiveness in each country follow differentiated Brownian motions, this paper derives an optimal trigger value for FDI.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 01-04.
Length: 42 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
FOREIGN INVESTMENTS ; PRICING ; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.