An Optimal Test against a Random Walk Component in a Non-Orthogonal Unobserved Components Model
AbstractIn this paper we consider the problem of testing the null hypothesis that a series has a constant level against the alternative that the level follows a random walk. This problem has previously been studied by inter alia, Nyblom and Makelainen in the context of the orthogonal random walk plus noise model.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Birmingham in its series Discussion Papers with number 00-09.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
TESTS ; INNOVATIONS ; MODELS;
Other versions of this item:
- Ralph W. Bailey & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2002. "An optimal test against a random walk component in a non-orthogonal unobserved components model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 520-532, 06.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Morley & Tara M. Sinclair, 2005. "Testing for Stationarity and Cointegration in an Unobserved Components Framework," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 451, Society for Computational Economics.
- Fabio Busetti & Andrew Harvey, 2007.
"Testing for trend,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
614, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- James Morley & Irina Panovska & Tara M. Sinclair, 2008. "A Likelihood Ratio Test of Stationarity Based on a Correlated Unobserved Components Model," Working Papers 2008-011, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting, revised Sep 2011.
- James Morley & Irina B. Panovska & Tara M. Sinclair, 2013. "Testing Stationarity for Unobserved Components Models," Discussion Papers 2012-41A, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Ringlund, Guro Bornes & Rosendahl, Knut Einar & Skjerpen, Terje, 2008.
"Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes An empirical investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 371-396, March.
- Guro Børnes Ringlund & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Terje Skjerpen, 2004. "Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes? An empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 372, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colin Rowat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.