A Simple Model of Aggregate Pension Expenditure
AbstractThis paper develops a simple model that can be used to analyze the long-term sustainability of the contributive pension system and the steady-state response of pension expenditure to changes in some key demographic and economic variables, in the characteristics of the average pensioner and in the parameters that describe how pensions are calculated in Spain as a function of workers' Social Security contribution histories.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Barcelona Graduate School of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 553.
Date of creation: Apr 2011
Date of revision:
pensions; sustainability; Spain;
Other versions of this item:
- Angel de la Fuente, 2011. "A simple model of aggregate pension expenditure," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 871.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel De la Fuente, 2011. "A simple model of aggregate pension expenditure," Working Papers 1118, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:bbv:wpaper:1116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angel De la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2011.
"The impact of Spanish pension reform on expenditure: A quick estimate,"
1112, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2011. "The Impact of Spanish Pension Reform on Expenditure: a Quick Estimate," Working Papers 542, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006.
"Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers
0601, Banco de Espa�a.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008. "Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2011.
"The Impact of Spanish Pension Reform on Expenditure: a Quick Estimate,"
542, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel De la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2011. "The impact of Spanish pension reform on expenditure: A quick estimate," Working Papers 1112, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.