Australian Asian Options
AbstractWe study European options on the ratio of the stock price to its average and viceversa. Some of these options are traded in the Australian Stock Exchange since 1992, thus we call them Australian Asian options. For geometric averages, we obtain closed-form expressions for option prices. For arithmetic means, we use different approximations that produce very similar results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Barcelona Graduate School of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 28.
Date of creation: Feb 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vorst, Ton, 1992. "Prices and hedge ratios of average exchange rate options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 179-193.
- Michael Curran, 1994. "Valuing Asian and Portfolio Options by Conditioning on the Geometric Mean Price," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1705-1711, December.
- Alziary, B. & Decamps, J-P. & Koehl, P-F., 1996.
"A P.D.E. Approach to Asian Options: Analytical and Numerical Evidence,"
96.430, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Alziary, Benedicte & Decamps, Jean-Paul & Koehl, Pierre-Francois, 1997. "A P.D.E. approach to Asian options: analytical and numerical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 613-640, May.
- Levy, Edmond, 1992. "Pricing European average rate currency options," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 474-491, October.
- Peter Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian & Anand M. Vijh, 1993. "The Valuation of Path Dependent Contracts on the Average," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1202-1213, October.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"An asymptotic theory of growth under uncertainty,"
673-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Milevsky, Moshe Arye & Posner, Steven E., 1998. "Asian Options, the Sum of Lognormals, and the Reciprocal Gamma Distribution," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 409-422, September.
- Klaus Sandmann & J. Aase Nielsen, 2002. "Pricing of Asian exchange rate options under stochastic interest rates as a sum of options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 355-370.
- Daniel Dufresne, 2000. "Laguerre Series for Asian and Other Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 407-428.
- Yor, Marc, 1993. "From planar Brownian windings to Asian options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 23-34, September.
- Nielsen, J.A. & Sandmann, K., 1998. "Asian Exchange Rate Options under Stochastic Interest Rates: Pricing as a Sum of Delayed Payment Options," Discussion Paper Serie B 431, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Bouaziz, Laurent & Briys, Eric & Crouhy, Michel, 1994. "The pricing of forward-starting asian options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 823-839, October.
- Corwin Joy & Phelim P. Boyle & Ken Seng Tan, 1996. "Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods in Numerical Finance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 926-938, June.
- Asbjørn T. Hansen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen, 2000. "Analytical Valuation of American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1116-1136, August.
- Nielsen, J. Aase & Sandmann, Klaus, 2003. "Pricing Bounds on Asian Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 449-473, June.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 377-389, September.
- J. A. Nielsen & K. Sandmann, 1996.
"The pricing of Asian options under stochastic interest rates,"
Applied Mathematical Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 209-236.
- Nielsen, J. A. & K. Sandmann, 1995. "The Pricing of Asian Options under Stochastic Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 323, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Dec 1995.
- Kemna, A. G. Z. & Vorst, A. C. F., 1990. "A pricing method for options based on average asset values," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 113-129, March.
- Jarrow, Robert & Rudd, Andrew, 1982. "Approximate option valuation for arbitrary stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 347-369, November.
- De Schepper, A. & Teunen, M. & Goovaerts, M., 1994. "An analytical inversion of a Laplace transform related to annuities certain," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 33-37, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.