Australian Asian Options
AbstractWe study European options on the ratio of the stock price to its average and viceversa. Some of these options are traded in the Australian Stock Exchange since 1992, thus we call them Australian Asian options. For geometric averages, we obtain closed-form expressions for option prices. For arithmetic means, we use different approximations that produce very similar results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Barcelona Graduate School of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 28.
Date of creation: Feb 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yor, Marc, 1993. "From planar Brownian windings to Asian options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 23-34, September.
- Nielsen, J.A. & Sandmann, K., 1998. "Asian Exchange Rate Options under Stochastic Interest Rates: Pricing as a Sum of Delayed Payment Options," Discussion Paper Serie B 431, University of Bonn, Germany.
- De Schepper, A. & Teunen, M. & Goovaerts, M., 1994. "An analytical inversion of a Laplace transform related to annuities certain," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 33-37, April.
- Daniel Dufresne, 2000. "Laguerre Series for Asian and Other Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 407-428.
- Asbjørn T. Hansen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen, 2000. "Analytical Valuation of American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1116-1136, August.
- Jarrow, Robert & Rudd, Andrew, 1982. "Approximate option valuation for arbitrary stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 347-369, November.
- Merton, Robert C, 1975.
"An Asymptotic Theory of Growth under Uncertainty,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 375-93, July.
- Milevsky, Moshe Arye & Posner, Steven E., 1998. "Asian Options, the Sum of Lognormals, and the Reciprocal Gamma Distribution," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 409-422, September.
- Levy, Edmond, 1992. "Pricing European average rate currency options," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 474-491, October.
- Alziary, B. & Decamps, J-P. & Koehl, P-F., 1996.
"A P.D.E. Approach to Asian Options: Analytical and Numerical Evidence,"
96.430, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Alziary, Benedicte & Decamps, Jean-Paul & Koehl, Pierre-Francois, 1997. "A P.D.E. approach to Asian options: analytical and numerical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 613-640, May.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 377-389, September.
- Klaus Sandmann & J. Aase Nielsen, 2002. "Pricing of Asian exchange rate options under stochastic interest rates as a sum of options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 355-370.
- Kemna, A. G. Z. & Vorst, A. C. F., 1990. "A pricing method for options based on average asset values," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 113-129, March.
- Bouaziz, Laurent & Briys, Eric & Crouhy, Michel, 1994. "The pricing of forward-starting asian options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 823-839, October.
- Corwin Joy & Phelim P. Boyle & Ken Seng Tan, 1996. "Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods in Numerical Finance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 926-938, June.
- Nielsen, J. A. & K. Sandmann, 1995.
"The Pricing of Asian Options under Stochastic Interest Rates,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
323, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Dec 1995.
- J. A. Nielsen & K. Sandmann, 1996. "The pricing of Asian options under stochastic interest rates," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 209-236.
- Michael Curran, 1994. "Valuing Asian and Portfolio Options by Conditioning on the Geometric Mean Price," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1705-1711, December.
- Vorst, Ton, 1992. "Prices and hedge ratios of average exchange rate options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 179-193.
- Peter Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian & Anand M. Vijh, 1993. "The Valuation of Path Dependent Contracts on the Average," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1202-1213, October.
- Nielsen, J. Aase & Sandmann, Klaus, 2003. "Pricing Bounds on Asian Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 449-473, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.