Trade Liberalization and Income Distribution: A CGE Model for Jordan
AbstractThe Association Agreement between Jordan and the EU entered into force in 2002. It provides a gradual reduction of import duties on EU products over a period of twelve years. In this paper we investigate the economic implications of induced trade liberalization on aggregate economic performance as well as effects on welfare and income distribution of heterogenous households. This is done by introducing heterogenous households into a standard neoclassical dynamic computable general equilibrium model. Thereby individual households' tax rate, wage rate, initial endowment of assets, transfers from government and abroad, as well as individual preferences, are calibrated by data from a household survey. This paper was presented at the 18th International Conference of the International Trade and Finance Association, meeting at Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal, on May 22, 2008.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Trade and Finance Association in its series International Trade and Finance Association Conference Papers with number 1117.
Date of creation: 06 Aug 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Feraboli, Omar & Trimborn, Timo, 2009. "Trade Liberalization and Income Distribution: A CGE Model for Jordan," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 10, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Omar Feraboli, 2012. "Preferential vs. Full Trade Liberalisation: A Dynamic CGE Model with Heterogeneous Households for Jordan," Working Paper Series 08_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Feraboli, Omar, 2011. "Preferential vs. Full Trade Liberalisation: A Dynamic CGE Model with Heterogeneous Households for Jordan," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 26, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.