Monetary Policy Issues in a Low Inflation Environment
AbstractOne of the most striking macroeconomic phenomena in recent decades has been the achievement of rather low and more stable rates inflation in many countries in the nineties. Consequently, the main goal of this paper is to offer an overview of the main policy issues arising in a low inflation environment and their practical relevance so as to identify the main challenges facing central bankers in such an environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Espa�a in its series Banco de Espa�a Working Papers with number 0107.
Length: 67 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
monetary policy; macroeconomics; inflation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2004.
"Monetary policy in the new neoclassical synthesis : a primer,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 21-45.
- Goodfriend, Marvin, 2002. "Monetary Policy in the New Neoclassical Synthesis: A Primer," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 165-91, Summer.
- Tödter, Karl-Heinz, 2002. "Monetary indicators and policy rules in the P-star model," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,18, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Alicia García Herrero & Pedro del Río, 2003. "Financial stability and the design of monetary policy," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0315, Banco de Espa�a.
- Alicia García Herrero & Pedro del Río López, 2003. "Implications of the design of monetary policy for financial stability," Macroeconomics 0304008, EconWPA.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Silvia Sgherri, 2004. "Monetary Magic? How the Fed Improved the Flexibility of the U.S. Economy," IMF Working Papers 04/24, International Monetary Fund.
- Silvia Sgherri & Tamim Bayoumi, 2004.
"Monetary Magic? How the Fed Improved the Supply Side of the Economy,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
20, Econometric Society.
- Silvia Sgherri & Tamim Bayoumi, 2004. "Monetary Magic? How the Fed Improved the Supply Side of the Economy," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 422, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mar�a Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de Espa�a).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.