Regime-Switching Models, A guide to the Bank of Canada Gauss Procedures
AbstractThis paper is a user' guide to a set of Guss procedures developed at the Bank of Canada for estimating regime-switching models. The procedure can estimate relatively quickly a wide variety of switching models and so should prove useful to the applied researchers. Sample program listings are included.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Canada in its series Working Papers with number 96-3.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 234 Wellington Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G9, Canada
Phone: 613 782-8845
Fax: 613 782-8874
Web page: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/
EVALUATION; COMPUTER PROGRAMMES; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Other versions of this item:
- Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1996. "Regime-Switching Models: A Guide to the Bank of Canada Gauss Procedures," Econometrics 9603004, EconWPA.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Durland, J Michael & McCurdy, Thomas H, 1994.
"Duration-Dependent Transitions in a Markov Model of U.S. GNP Growth,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 279-88, July.
- J. Michael Durland & Thomas H. McCurdy, 1993. "Duration Dependent Transitions in a Markov Model of U.S. GNP Growth," Working Papers 887, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Engel, Charles & Hamilton, James D, 1990. "Long Swings in the Dollar: Are They in the Data and Do Markets Know It?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 689-713, September.
- Charles Engel, 1991.
"Can the Markov switching model forecast exchange rates?,"
Research Working Paper
91-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Engel, Charles, 1994. "Can the Markov switching model forecast exchange rates?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 151-165, February.
- Charles Engel, 1992. "Can the Markov Switching Model Forecast Exchange Rates?," NBER Working Papers 4210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeff Gable & Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, .
"Analytical Derivatives for Markov Switching Models,"
95-7, Bank of Canada.
- Gable, Jeff & van Norden, Simon & Vigfusson, Robert, 1997. "Analytical Derivatives for Markov Switching Models," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 187-94, May.
- Jeff Gable & Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1995. "Analytical Derivatives for Markov Switching Models," GE, Growth, Math methods 9508001, EconWPA.
- Francis X. Diebold & Joon-Haeng Lee & Gretchen C. Weinbach, 1993. "Regime switching with time-varying transition probabilities," Working Papers 93-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph Atta-Mensah, 1996. "The Empirical Performance of Alternative Monetary and Liquidity Aggregates," Macroeconomics 9601001, EconWPA.
- Alain DeSerres & Alain Guay & Pierre St-Amant, 1995. "Estimating and Projecting Potential Output Using Structural VAR Methodology," Macroeconomics 9504003, EconWPA.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1992. "The Likelihood Ratio Test under Nonstandard Conditions: Testing the Markov Switching Model of GNP," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages S61-82, Suppl. De.
- St-Amant, P., 1996.
"Decomposing U.S. Nominal Interest Rates into Expected Inflation and Ex Ante Real Interest rates Using Structural VAR Methodology,"
96-2, Bank of Canada.
- Pierre St-Amant, 1996. "Decomposing U.S. Nominal Interest Rates into Expected Inflation and Ex Ante Real Interest Rates Using Structural VAR Methodology," Macroeconomics 9602004, EconWPA.
- Maurice J. Roche, 1999. "Irish house prices: will the roof fall in?," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n890699, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Isabelle Weberpals, 1997. "The Liquidity Trap: Evidence from Japan," Working Papers 97-4, Bank of Canada.
- Ryan SULEIMANN, 2003. "The Contagion Effect Between the Volatilities of the NASDAQ-100 and the IT.CA :A Univariate and A Bivariate Switching Approach," Econometrics 0307002, EconWPA, revised 18 Jul 2003.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Masson, Paul, 2000.
"Currency crises, sunspots and Markov-switching regimes,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 327-350, April.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Currency Crises, Sunspots and Markov-Switching Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 1990, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vigfusson, R. & Van Norden, S., 1996.
"Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?,"
96-11, Bank of Canada.
- Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1996. "Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?," Meeting papers 9603001, EconWPA.
- Maurice J. Roche, 1999. "Irish House Prices - Will the Roof Cave In?," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(4), pages 343-362.
- David Jamieson Bolder, 2002. "Towards a More Complete Debt Strategy Simulation Framework," Working Papers 02-13, Bank of Canada.
- Tsung-wu Ho, 2001. "Analyzing the Crowding-out Problems of Taiwan," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 115-131, June.
- Ryan SULEIMANN, 2003. "New Technology Stock Market Indexes Contagion: A VAR-dccMVGARCH Approach," Econometrics 0307003, EconWPA, revised 18 Jul 2003.
- Ryan SULEIMANN, 2003. "Should Stock Market Indexes Time Varying Correlations Be Taken Into Account? A Conditional Variance Multivariate Approach," Econometrics 0307004, EconWPA, revised 18 Jul 2003.
- T. -W. Ho, 2003. "Regime-switching properties of the optimal seigniorage hypothesis: the case of Taiwan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 485-494.
- Roche, Maurice J., 2001. "The rise in house prices in Dublin: bubble, fad or just fundamentals," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 281-295, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.