Variable Selection for Market Basket Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Regensburg, Department of Economics in its series University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems with number 443.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision:
Market basket analysis; cross category effects; variable selection; multivariate logit model; pseudo likelihood estimation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boztug, Yasemin & Reutterer, Thomas, 2008. "A combined approach for segment-specific market basket analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 294-312, May.
- Roger Betancourt & David Gautschi, 1990. "Demand Complementarities, Household Production, and Retail Assortments," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 146-161.
- Yasemin Boztuğ & Lutz Hildebrandt, 2008. "Modeling Joint Purchases with a Multivariate MNL Approach," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 60(4), pages 400-422, October.
- Smith M. & Kohn R., 2002. "Parsimonious Covariance Matrix Estimation for Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1141-1153, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gernot Deinzer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.