Una nova estimacio retrospectiva del VAB regional industrial. Espanya (1860-1930)
AbstractThis article offers a new historical dataset of industrial GVA for Spanish provinces (NUTSIII) and autonomous regions (NUTS II). For doing that, a new methodology is proposed in order to estimate historical figures of regional GVA. Traditional estimates of regional industrial output in Spain have usually been based on fiscal sources. These data allowed the estimation of regional industrial capital stocks that were used as a proxy of industrial regional production. Opposite to this, in this article we offer an estimation based on regional industrial factor incomes. In order to carry out the estimation, we have followed the proposals by Geary and Stark (2002) and Crafts (2005). The new estimation offers data of Spanish regional industrial GVA for different years along the period 1860-1930.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 192.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N93 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- N94 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: 1913-
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-04-21 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2008-04-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-URE-2008-04-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.