Consecuencias de la modelizacion ARIMA para la extraccion de senales en coyuntura
AbstractIn short-term evolution analysis, the economic time series are contamined by different types of noises which need to be erased in order to extract a trend signal. In the last years there has been increasingly developed some methods to estimate unobserved components based on the assumption that the economic series and their components follow ARIMA models. Nevertheless few atention has been focused to the practical consequences that arise from this assumption. In this paper, we discuss about some consequences from the ARIMA model based estimation of trend signal on economic time series, and relate that with its memory characteristics. Finally some of this problems are illustrated with the Spanish Industrial Production Index.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 52.
Length: 0 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.