Autovias y ferrocarriles: un modelo para evaluar efectos intermodales de la politica de infaestructuras
AbstractThe supply of motorways reduces travel time costs by road, affecting thus the demand for road transport. Besides these intramodal effects, there exist intermodal effects too as far as motorways have impact on the demand of the competing modes. In this paper we establish and estimate a model that allows us to obtain useful results in order to evaluate motorways' impact on the demand for rail. Finally, on the basis of our empirical results, we predict some effects of the main investments in motorways foreseen in the Plan Director de Infraestructuras (1993-2007).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 1.
Length: 0 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R49 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Other
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oum, Tae H. & Gillen, David W., 1983. "The structure of intercity travel demands in Canada: Theory tests and empirical results," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 175-191, June.
- Winston, Clifford, 1985. "Conceptual Development in the Economics of Transportation: An Interpretive Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 57-94, March.
- Goodnight, James & Wallace, T D, 1972. "Operational Techniques and Tables for Making Weak MSE Tests for Restrictions in Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(4), pages 699-709, July.
- Wallace, T D, 1972. "Weaker Criteria and Tests for Linear Restrictions in Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(4), pages 689-98, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.